Although P90 is related to Funco and FN FAL, she does not share any physical features with either. She is small in stature like the rest of the elementary students (with the exception of Gossan) and has her black hair put into a tight bun. She also has a back with a ruler sticking out, which may be a nod to the P90's semi-rectangular 50 round magazine.
P90, like Elle, is extremely quite having not even said a word in either the main manga or in Nano, but at the same time she is also expressive. She shows a strong since of rivalry with MP7 to prove who is the dominate personal defense weapon, going all out against her in the combined maneuver with the students of Seishou. P90 also has a very high opinion of Funco, fervently agreeing with FN2000 that FNC will keep Empi safe while taking on Akaganekou.
In Real LifeEdit
The P90 is just one part of a new system that was developed by FN Herstal to meet NATOs request for a replacement for the aging 9x19 Parabellum platform, the other part being the 5.7x28mm round that the P90.
This weapon system started with the development of the 5.7x28mm and the P90 first with the SS90 round which had a weight of 1.5g and a muzzle velocity of 850m/s. This combination was quickly adopted by Belgium in 1990 and used in the Persian Gulf War.
While the FN Five-seven was in development the 5.7x28mm round was changed to use a shorter and heavier bullet to aid in feeding and use of the cartridge in the pistol.
Ten years later in 2003, NATO made a series of test to determine the viability of replacing the 9x19mm with either FN's 5.7x28mm or HK's 4.6x30mm. After the testing was done, the NATO analysts universally agreed that the 5.7x28mm was by and far the better round.
However, in typical German fashion, the German delegation rejected the recommendation of NATO and decided to independently adopt the MP7, while most other nations picked the P90 for it's better portability and better defensive capabilities. Not much has changed with the P90's design since this decision, with the only change being the addition of a triple rail interface for mounting accessories called the P90 TR.
As a bullpup, the P90 has a longer barrel that other SMGs or PDWs in it's class, giving it increased accuracy and more control during automatic fire. It also ejects its spent brass downward from a chute behind the grip so that there is no brass in the shooters face or within the shooters field of vision while aiming down the sights.
Quick disassembly also benefits the ease of use of the P90 as there are only 6 major components to the P90 that can be pulled from the weapon in seconds for cleaning or any field maintenance that may be needed. In the same line of maintenance the barrel that comes with the P90 is rated by FN for a minimum of 20,000 rounds lending credit to the P90's durability.
Test have been done with the legality of the 5.7x28mm that the P90 uses against body armor. When tested against threat level IIIA body armor, the round was able to penetrate the armor from distances of up to 200m.
The only complaint against the FN P90 is the 2 stage automatic trigger, in which the first stage is a single shot and the second stage being the automatic, much like the FN 2000.
- Agrupación de Buzos Tácticos
- Policía de Seguridad Aeroportuaria
- Grupo Alacrán
- Kommando Militärstreife & Militärpolizei
- Détachement d'Agents de Sécurité
- Directie van de speciale eenheden
- Special Forces Group
- Aarschot Politie
- Liège Politie
- Zone de Police Boraine
- Batalhão de Operações Policiais Especiais
- Joint Task Force 2
- Halifax Regional Police
- Service de police de la Ville de Montréal
- Fuerzas Especiales
- Εθνική Φρουρά [Cyprus National Guard Special Forces]
- Colombian National Army
- Batallón de Infantería Guardia Presidencial
- Fuerzas de Despliegue Rápido
- Útvar Rychlého Nasazení
- Cuerpo de Ayudantes Militares del Presidente de la República
- Dominican Republic's counter-terrorist group
- Ministerio de Defensa de la República Dominicana
- Comando Especial Anti-Terrorista
- 1er Régiment de Parachutistes d'Infanterie de Marine
- Commandement des Opérations Spéciales
- Troupe de marine
- საქართველოს შინაგან საქმეთა სამინისტრო [Ministry of Internal Affairs]
- Ειδική Κατασταλτική Αντιτρομοκρατική Μονάδα [Special Counter-Terrorist Unit]
- Secretaría de Asuntos Administrativos y Seguridad
- Special Protection Group
- Komando Pasukan Katak
- Komando Pasukan Khusus
- Army Ranger Wing
- 9º Reggimento d'Assalto Paracadutisti
- Jordanian Armed Forces
- المديرية العامة لقوى الأمن الداخلي [Internal Security Forces]
- Military of Lybia
- Unité Spéciale de la Police
- Pasukan Khas Laut
- BASEP Presidential Security Battalion
- Police Forces
- Ejército Mexicano
- Estado Mayor Presidencial
- Fuerzas Especiales
- Policía Federal
- Korps Commandotroepen
- Brigade Speciale Beveiligingsopdrachten
- National Intelligence Agency
- State Security Service
- Special Services Group
Papua New Guinea:
- Papua New Guinea Defense Force
- Grupo de Fuerzas Especiales
- Fuerza de Operaciones Especiales
- Paracaidistas del Ejército
- Special Action Force
- Biuro Ochrony Rządu
- Grupo de Operações Especiais
- Detașamentul Special de Protecție și Intervenție
- Special Emergency Force
- Singapore Armed Forces Commando Formation
- Grupo Especial de Operaciones
- Escuadrón de Zapadores Paracaidistas
- Military of Suriname
- ROC Armed Forces
- กองทัพบกไทย [Royal Thai Army]
Trinidad and Tobago:
- Trinidad and Tobago Defense Force
- Karşı Atak Timi
- Polis Özel Harekat
- Jandarma Özel Asayiş Komutanlığı
- Ukrainian Police Force
- U.S Federal Protective Service
- U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service
- U.S. Secret Service
- Various Police and SWAT Departments
- Ministerio del Poder Popular para Relaciones Exteriores
- Ejército Libertador de Venezuela
- Guardia Nacional de Venezuela
While a select fire P90 may be out of reach for those of us without a special license, either in Europe or in the States, a civilian version of the P90 is available as the FN PS90. This version is only semi automatic and has a stock 16 inch barrel, but can be SBR'd as long as you pay the 200 stamp to make it more authentic in the States. In the US, they can be had for as little as 1350 USD, while in Switzerland you can pick one up for 2900 Francs.