Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Japan Ground-Self Defence Force immediately took action and pushed the fantasy creatures back to the "Gate". To facilitate negotiations and prepare for future fights, the JGSDF dispatched the Third Reconnaissance Team to the "Special Region" at the other side of the Gate.
Youji Itami, a JSDF officer as well as a 33-year-old otaku, was appointed as the leader of the Team. Amid attacks from enemy troops the team visited a variety of places and learned a lot about the local culture and geography.
Thanks to their efforts in humanitarian relief, although with some difficulties they were gradually able to reach out to the locals. They even had a cute elf, a sorceress and a demigoddess in their circle of new friends. On the other hand, the major powers outside the Gate such as the United States, China and Russia were extremely interested in the abundant resources available in the Special Region. They began to exert diplomatic pressure over Japan.
A suddenly appearing portal to an unknown world - to the major powers it may be no more than a mere asset for toppling the international order. But to our protagonists it is an invaluable opportunity to broaden knowledge, friendship, and ultimately their perspective towards the world.
- Youji Itami
- First lieutenant of the JSDF and commander of the third recon team, Youji finds himself in a land right out of a RPG complete with elves, dragons and magic. Nevertheless, due to his somewhat passive nature, he adapts quickly to his situation. A 33 year old otaku, Youji was once married, though divorced amicably and remains on friendly terms with his ex-wife Risa to this day. Despite his slacker appearance, Youji is a qualified JSDF Ranger, and was once part of the Special Operations Group where he received the codename "Avenger".
- Tuka Luna Marceau
- A high elf girl and the sole survivor of her tribe in Rodo Forest which was annihilated by the flame dragon's assault. Having been rescued by Youji's team, she joins their team as a guide and has taken to wearing modern clothing from Earth. She is still suffering issues from her father's death which she has refused to accept. She is 165 years old, though is considered to be in her teens by elf standards. After working for the JSDF, she has usually been seen wearing clothing of modern origins.
- Lelei la Lalena
- A human scholar girl who is the second disciple of the otherworld sage Cato el Altestan. She is also a sorceress, and well-versed in magic. Although young, she is more intelligent than most of the cast and engages herself in learning as much as she can about the JSDF including how to speak in Japanese. She joins the team as a translator. She is 15 years old.
- Rori Mercury
- A demigoddess serving under Emroy, god of darkness. Once a human girl, she stopped aging when she ascended to become a living deity in a flesh and blood body. Her apostle clothing is reminiscent of Earth's gothic lolita culture, and she wield a huge axe. She is 961 years old, and is a few decades away from becoming a full-fledged goddess. Despite her age, she can be very childish at times. She is the most aggressive of the girls in showing her affections towards Youji. Rori then decided to become the goddess of love.
Third Recon TeamEdit
Piña Co Lada
She was 19 years old. She was emperor's Molto beautiful daughter. Piña was initially confident that the Empire would not lose against Japan. However, after seeing the military power of the JSDF, as well as visiting Japan itself, she quickly realize the many large gaps of technological advancement between the Empire and Japan, thus Piña quickly decided to make efforts to protect the Empire by surrendering. Pina has apparently been influenced strongly by otaku culture, which she calls "fine art," when she went beyond the gate with Itami.
Yao Ha Dushii
She was 315 years old but has an appearance of 25-35 years old. A beautiful dark elf with sensual body and would be good looked in bondage chain. She had unlucky life (or elf-life?). She would steps on snare when hunting, when she went shopping the stores had closed and her lover snatched by her best friend. She was traveling to find 'the men in green' to rescue her tribe from quick annihilation due to the flame dragon.
She was 400 years old with an appearance of early twenties. A demigoddess and a apostle of Hardy the god of underworld. She came from Dragonoid tribe. She was armed with a great styche and accompanied by awakened flame dragon to challenge Rory. She had deep blue skin color and her whole body was covered with tribal tatto. Her priestess clothes were frilled white goth clothes, but it has been tattered and couldn't cover her in various ways.
A siren that was once part of the marauders that attacked Itarica only to be soundly defeated by the JSDF in the end. She, as well as three other girls and one man, were later taken as the JSDF’s prisoner of war. Myuute had originally had expected to become a slave only to find out that the Japanese does not promote slavery as she was later released. Initially unaware what to do, with the unexpected freedom she was given, Rory then approached Myuute where the siren then eventually got a job as peacekeeper in a local town in Alnus.
Crime lords of Akusho
Originally, it composed of four families which were the Gonzori family, the Medusa family, the Paramount family, and the Bessara family. Akusho, located in the Imperial Capital's south-eastern district and considered to be the lowest level in the capital where in short a slum, was where of the some JSDF soldiers were stationed at. Because the JSDF had provided charitable acts to the locals, thus created a positive influence, it quickly caught the crime lords’ attention. It was where Bessara then volunteered to attack the JSDF to steal their wealth; it was later revealed that Bessara was lured into a trap by the other three families, who already contacted the JSDF beforehand, where the JSDF were forewarned of Bessara’s attack. Thus, the entire Bessara family was wiped out by the JSDF and Bessara himself was killed by the thugs sent by the other three families. Now it consists of three families that accepted the job from the JSDF to send their minions to spy on the Empire’s nobles, where much gossip was gathered and sent to the JSDF for their use; being uncaring for whatever happens to the Empire, the crime lords had no qualms in working for who would be considered the Empire’s enemy. Gaining Bessara’s territories, witnessing the overwhelming military power of the JSDF, and receiving good pay for their cooperation against the Empire, the crime lords had unanimously agreed to see the JSDF as business partners rather than competitors, making things running smoothly for the JSDF soldiers as they could do whatever they pleased in Akusho.
The king of the Elbe Kingdom that was part of the Army of Unified Kingdoms that attacked the JSDF and failed where Duran barely returned alive; the ordeal had made him lose both his left arm and left leg along with how the stress, from the near-death experience, has made his once black hair turn completely white. Duran is apparently very broad minded, as he showed no ill towards the JSDF but instead directed his anger towards the Empire, specifically the emperor who Duran describes as a fool that would recklessly charge at an enemy without having any plans or knowledge; he states to Pina that, because the Empire was responsible for making Japan their enemy, then Duran had hoped that the Empire will suffer complete defeat. He was later taken and treated by the JSDF’s doctors, though Duran initially lied that he was a farmer, where he was very impressed with Japan’s advance technology, particularly in the prosthetic arm and leg he received. Duran was later moved with Itami’s willingness to slay a Flame Dragon to help the dark elves, as well as Tuka; the task was problematic since the JSDF couldn’t send a large force to pass the borders without dealing with the Elbe Kingdom, thus Itami was forced to go alone. This prompted Duran to later reveal his identity to the JSDF so that reinforcements would arrive to help Itami. At the time, Duran had deemed the JSDF to be trustworthy as he needed their help in reclaiming his kingdom from the crown prince that ignored Duran’s news of survival. However, Duran was forced to give in to Japan’s demands which was to have rights to mine the Elbe Kingdom’s underground resources, along with having tax exemption; Japan was willing to split any newly discovered precious metals but had the rights to claim all other resources, that Duran had no knowledge of, which implies oil and such. Since then, Duran has apparently become an ally of Japan. He had also given Itami nobility, for slaying the Flame Dragon, which gave the soldier a positive image that helped him as he was given a list of punishments by his superiors when returning.
Scans for the (untranslated) novel
Gate Supplementary Biography 2: Magnificent Festival By Black Priest
Gate Supplementary Biography 3: The Legend Of A Twilight Dragoon
This is a rewrite of the first and second novel as 2 light novels each
3. Upheaval-hen later part
4. All-out Attack-hen former part
4. All-out Attack-hen later part
5. Closed Gate-hen former part
5. Closed Gate-hen later part